Friday, June 19, 2015

Scene & Nerd: ToyCon 2015, Day 1

I always look forward to this time of the year, because ToyCon! It's here where I take a break from horror and cynicism to stock up on girly crap and cat merchandise.  I almost thought I wasn't going to make it this year, but I'm glad I was at least able to take a peek! I figured the place would be packed over the weekend, so I managed to visit today after work, though I could only take one lap around the convention halls.

I've been attending since 2010, and this is one of their biggest so far, I think. The event takes up all three convention halls, as usual, and there's so much to see. They even managed to nerdify succulent dish gardens! (I'd have bought one, but I'm more of cacti girl; I have a black thumb when it comes to succulents.)

Another reason why I wanted to swing by early: I didn't want to put up with the long lines while getting my Aswang Funko Pop! I even got to take my time perusing the shelves, picking one with good paintwork. It's one of my favorites in my collection. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more Pops, but I mean, I had to get it. It was the patriotic thing to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment

        PCFC Seal 150 px