Saturday, December 5, 2015

Funko Fridays: Show & Tell, Part Two


This is another one I am really excited about: Funko's White Lady Pop, which as it happens, is also part of its Legendary Creatures and Myths line. Here it is in all its glow-in-the-dark glory:


There are variations of the White Lady in many urban legends all around the world (see also: Supernatural's pilot episode), but this one is under Funko's Pop Asia collection. I love this almost as much as I love my Aswang Pop, because the White Lady is as big a part of Filipino mythology. Specifically, she is most often spotted in a long, winding street here called Balete Drive. For Filipinos, the White Lady and Balete Drive go hand in hand. She's said to appear late at night standing motionless on the side of the road, I guess for the purpose of scaring the shit out of cab drivers when they suddenly spot her in the backseat from their rearview mirror like an unwelcome hitchhiker.

I got mine at Funko Philippines' Funtastic Party last October: Not only that, but mine was the limited edition White Lady variant with its bloody hands and dress! There are only 300 of these Funko exclusives in circulation, and I was lucky enough to randomly receive one of them in my Funko Collector Starter Kit during the party!

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! :) It's one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. That's cool that there are Funkos specific to the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Shelby! I was seriously surprised when I found out!

      Delete

        PCFC Seal 150 px